It's Not About Us, It's About You
Injured By An Uninsured Or Underinsured Driver?
All drivers should carry auto insurance. However, the truth is that many don’t — or at least not enough to fully cover the injuries and damages they cause.
If you were injured by a driver without insurance or without enough of it, turn to the Law Office of Reuben J. Donig. We have been representing accident victims in San Mateo and the Bay Area since 1976.
Our attorney fully understands the nuances of uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM/UIM) coverage. In fact, he authored a useful guide to uninsured motorist coverage in California, outlining various tips for practitioners and traps for the unwary. Plus, you can count on Mr. Donig to work with you one-on-one, providing personal attention every step of the way. Call 877-332-3710 today.
A UM/UIM Policy Can Cover Children, Inlaws And Many Other People
It’s true that a UM/UIM policy provides coverage for the policyholder, but it can potentially cover a wide array of other people who are injured by uninsured or underinsured drivers. Under most circumstances, it will apply to:
- Members of the policyholder’s household, which may include adopted children, biological children, stepchildren, inlaws and other relatives who are living in the house
- Children who are temporarily away from home such as a son or daughter at school
- The policyholder’s spouse, even if the couple is going through a divorce
- A military servicemember who normally lives with the policyholder when not stationed elsewhere
- Someone driving a covered vehicle with the owner’s permission
- Someone entering, exiting or otherwise “using” the covered vehicle, even if it is not running
A Covered Individual Doesn’t Have To Be In A Vehicle At All
Policyholders or members of the household don’t even need to be in a motor vehicle to potentially benefit from UM/UIM coverage. If they are injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist while walking, skateboarding, cycling or even sitting on a park bench in California, they can seek benefits.
It Plays A Key Role In Hit-And-Run Accidents
A UM/UIM policy can also come into play in situations where the identity of the other driver is unknown. If you are injured in a hit-and-run accident, for instance, your UM/UIM policy may help you obtain the money and medical care you need.
Set Up A Free Consultation With Reuben J. Donig
If you have questions about how a UM/UIM policy may apply to your situation, don’t hesitate to contact the Law Office of Reuben J. Donig. Call us at 877-332-3710, or contact our lawyer by email today.